A Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuaries salesman has accused their company of discriminating against him because he’s maybe maybe not of Asian lineage, unlike a number that is large of cemetery’s customers.
Bill Conlon is suing their boss, Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuaries (picture courtesy BOHM Law Group)
Building rapport using the Asian community in Southern Ca is really a main company objective of Rose Hills’ business owners, but Bill Conlon, 58, of Fullerton, that is white, stated he ended up beingn’t seen as as much as the job.
Conlon filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court tuesday. He alleges he had been treated differently compared to the cemetery’s Asian product sales workers, who had been permitted to:
- Skip phone that is mandatory changes to allow them to satisfy more prospective customers of Asian lineage.
- Offer additional discounts over the standard discount that is maximum.
- Meet families before they enter Rose Hill’s building that is main a breach of business policy.
- Offer a lot more than 10 burial plots every single family, additionally in violation of business policy.
- Distribute business cards to family that is grieving, additionally against business policy.
- Attend feng shui seminars. (more…)